Cineplex Entertainment Announces 2012-13 Dance Series for Canada's Movie Theaters
Past Articles by This Author:
ODC Theater to Kick Off Walking Distance Dance Festival, 5/31SWAN LAKE MARIINSKY LIVE to Play Movie Theatres in 3D This JuneChicago Human Rhythm Project Presents 23rd Rhythm World Tap Festival, 7/22-8/4ABT's 2013 Spring Season Begins at the Met Opera House TonightDance Currents, Inc. Presents CHARGE THE AIR on Mother's DayGRAND PICNIC Performs for Tonight's NYC Contra DancePatti LuPone, Bebel Gilberto, Paul Taylor Dance, BROADWAY'S NEXT H!T MUSICAL and More Set for Scottsdale Center's 2013-14 SeasonBrad Schmett Hosts Palm Springs 31st Annual Southwest Dance Expo TodayFUNNY GIRL, PINK SKIES, Marcia Ball and More Set for Napa Valley Opera House, May 2013Houston Ballet Brings MADAME BUTTERFLY to Miller Outdoor Theatre, Now thru 5/12
Cineplex Entertainment today announced the 2012-13 schedule for the Front Row Centre Events Dance Series. Each month, Front Row Centre Events bring performances from the world's leading dance companies live to the Canadian big screen.
The 2012-13 dance season includes performances by Russia's Bolshoi Ballet, Britain's Royal Ballet and the Nederlands Dance Theatre.
This year's performances include:
- La Sylphide (Bolshoi Ballet) - Sunday, September 30, 2012 - 12:55 p.m. local time
One of the world's oldest surviving romantic ballets. August Bournoville's drama about a mortal's love for a magical sylph is a classic of romantic ballet.
- La Fille mal gardée (Royal Ballet) - Sunday, October 14, 2012 - 12:55 p.m. local time
Delightful comedy and virtuosic choreography abound in Frederick Ashton's sunny and beloved production.
- The Pharaoh's Daughter (Bolshoi Ballet) - Sunday, November 25, 2012 - 12:55 p.m. local time
The story of Lord Wilson, an Englishman, who falls asleep with merchants in a pyramid, where he has taken refuge from a storm.
- The Nutcracker (Royal Ballet) - Thursday, December 13, 2012 - 7:30 p.m. local time Encore: Saturday, December 22, 2012 - 12:55 p.m. local time
From the very first notes of Tchaikovsky's overture to The Nutcracker, a sense of mystery and magic pervades the theatre as Herr Drosselmeyer sets in train the events that will see his beloved nephew, Hans Peter, freed from the enchantment of the evil Mouse King by the resourceful Clara.
- La Bayadère (Bolshoi Ballet) - Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 12:55 p.m. local time
Young warriors led by Solor are hunting. Before entering the forest, Solor sends a fakir to tell bayadère Nikiya (a "Temple Dancer") that he will meet her later at night. When Nikiya and Solor meet, they swear eternal fidelity to each other.
- Move to Move (Nederlands Dance Theatre) - Sunday, February 17, 2013 - 12:55 p.m. local time
Guests will see the admired ballet, Silent Screen, from resident choreographers Sol León and Paul Lightfoot and a world premiere by their hand: Shine a Light. Ohad Naharin is back at the Nederlands Dance Theatre with the Dutch premiere of his ballet, Secus.
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Royal Ballet) - Thursday, March 28, 2013 - 7:30 p.m. local time Encore: Sunday, April 21, 2013 - 12:55 p.m.
Those familiar with Lewis Carroll's literary menagerie of colorful characters will enjoy the clarity with which Christopher Wheeldon portrays them in dance.
- The Rite of Spring (Bolshoi Ballet) - Sunday, March 31, 2013 - 12:55 p.m. local time
This new choreographic version by Wayne McGregor brings new energy to the themes of the Russian spring and the adoration of the earth.
- Romeo and Juliet (Bolshoi Ballet) - Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 12:55 p.m. local time
Romeo attends the ball incognito at the Capulet house. However, when Romeo meets Juliet, the two fall instantly in love
WHERE: A complete list of locations for each event can be found at www.cineplex.com/dance.
More Articles by This Author...